Brotherhood is a 2022 Nigerian crime-action thriller film directed by Loukman Ali and produced by Jadesola Osiberu. The film stars Falz, Tobi Bakre, Basketmouth, Sam Dede, Ronke Oshodi Oke, Toni Tones, Zubby Michael, Mr Macaroni, and a host of others.
The film tells the story of twin brothers Wale and Akin Adetula, who witness their parents being killed while they are young. Growing up, the twin brothers find themselves on opposite sides of the law as Wale joins the Police SWAT team while Akin becomes a criminal. After Akin is released from prison, he joins the notorious ‘Ojuju Boys’ and brings about plans to help them rob bullion vans and banks.
The bonds of brotherhood are put to the ultimate test as Wale joins a Task force that hunts down Akin and his gang. The film explores themes of family, loyalty, and betrayal.
Brotherhood was released in cinemas in Africa on 23 September 2022. The film was a commercial success, grossing over ₦328 million at the box office. It was also well-received by critics, who praised the film’s performances, direction, and story.
Here are some of the reviews for the film:
- “A gripping and suspenseful thriller that explores the complex bonds of brotherhood.” – The Guardian
- “A powerful and timely film that speaks to the realities of life in Nigeria today.” – The Punch
- “A well-made and entertaining film that is sure to keep you on the edge of your seat.” – Nollywood Reinvented
If you are a fan of crime thrillers, then I highly recommend checking out Brotherhood. It is a well-made and entertaining film that will keep you on the edge of your seat.
Where can I watch Nigerian Brotherhood?
The Nigerian movie Brotherhood was released in cinemas in Africa on September 23, 2022. As of June 27, 2023, it is not yet available to stream online. However, you can check back on the following streaming platforms to see if it becomes available in the future:
- Amazon Prime Video
You can also try searching for the movie on Google Play Movies or iTunes to see if it is available for purchase or rent.
Is Brotherhood a good movie?
Whether or not Brotherhood is a good movie depends on your personal preferences. Some people might find it to be a good movie, while others might not. Here are some of the things to consider when deciding whether or not to watch Brotherhood:
- The story is a bit predictable, but it is still engaging and entertaining.
- The acting is good, with standout performances from Nonso Odogwu, Daniel Etim Effiong, and Toni Tones.
- The cinematography is beautiful, with some stunning shots of Lagos and the surrounding area.
- The action sequences are well-choreographed and exciting.
- The film deals with some serious themes, such as family, loyalty, and betrayal.
Overall, Brotherhood is a well-made film with some strong performances and beautiful visuals. However, it is not without its flaws, such as a predictable plot and some pacing issues. Whether or not you enjoy the film will ultimately depend on your personal preferences.
Here are some reviews of Brotherhood from critics and audiences:
- “A well-made film with some strong performances and beautiful visuals.” – The Guardian
- “A pulsatingly tense morality tale, with fine performances and tight storytelling.” – Decider
- “A stylish and suspenseful thriller that explores the dark side of family loyalty.” – Variety
- “I really enjoyed Brotherhood! The story was engaging, the acting was good, and the action sequences were exciting.” – IMDb user
- “I thought Brotherhood was a bit predictable, but it was still an entertaining film. The acting was good, and the cinematography was beautiful.” – Rotten Tomatoes user
Ultimately, whether or not you enjoy Brotherhood is up to you. If you are looking for a well-made film with some strong performances and beautiful visuals, then you might enjoy it. However, if you are looking for a film with a completely original story, then you might be disappointed.
Top Cast In Brotherhood Nigeria Movie
- Tobi Bakre as Akin
- Falz as Wale
- Basketmouth as Big Z
- Sam Dede as Uncle Tunde
- Ronke Oshodi Oke as Aunty Shade
- Toni Tones as Lola
- Zubby Michael as Igwe
- Mr Macaroni as Epa
- Dorathy Bachor as Kemi
Other notable cast members include:
- OC Ukeje as CSP Adegboyega
- Omawunmi as Mrs. Akindele
- Deyemi Okanlawon as CSP Ogunleye
- Mercy Aigbe as Mrs. Afolabi
Brotherhood is a crime-action thriller that tells the story of twin brothers, Akin and Wale, who are orphaned when their parents are killed. The brothers are forced to fend for themselves on the streets of Lagos, and they eventually fall on opposite sides of the law. Akin joins the police force, while Wale becomes a gangster. The film explores the themes of brotherhood, loyalty, and betrayal.
The film was directed by Loukman Ali and produced by Jade Osiberu. It was released in cinemas in Nigeria and other African countries on September 23, 2022. The film was a critical and commercial success, grossing over N100 million at the box office.